Reading reviews about any product you’re thinking about purchasing can be a daunting task, especially when those reviews are long, and they usually list a lot of products you’re not interested in, comparing them with products that don’t even do similar tasks. This is a Bosch GLL3-80 review. A review of just the product you’re looking for to give you even horizontal and vertical planes for projects in the home and around the jobsite.
So this is the GLL3-80P at a glance:
- It is self-leveling, whether you use the tripod, the pendulum, or attach it to a wall
- It has one horizontal and two vertical planes to make the most use of its compact size
- You can use all three planes or just make it show you one or two, depending on your needs – this makes it easy to see what you’re doing without having excess red lines on the walls getting everyone confused
- Magnets allow it to attach to the tripod base easily, and to also be easily removed to be taken to another location or to be used in another way, or you can have multiple tripods set up in different rooms with just one Bosch GLL3-80P, taking the device to different rooms without having to worry about taking down and setting up a tripod all the time
This product has been on the market for over five years – since 2010 – and has great feedback from many users over that long time period.
Features and Benefits
The Bosch GLL3-80P review indicates that this laser level does not have any rotating motors, so it will not wear out as fast as many others of its type on the market today. It will also not go through batteries as fast either because it’s not using so much power to run motors. It has an accuracy of within ?” if you’re measuring to a maximum of 65’. This is definitely practical for indoor use as most home improvement and general contractors would be using it for. It is IP54 rated which means that the way it is built protects it from dust and water, two of the main contaminants on a job site.
There are multiple applications for a tool like this for home improvement or for general contracting, including:
- Window and door installation
- General carpentry
- Wall and floor covering installation
- Aligning conduit and pipes for wall or basement installation
- Aligning tiles for kitchen or bath new installation or remodels
- Much, much more
Pros and Cons
- Many users love the sturdy, tripod mounting ability of this product. In this Bosch GLL3-80P review, we have mentioned several times that this is possible and most people prefer this method of using the laser level as long as it works with the project they are trying to complete.
- The Bosch laser level GLL3-80 comes with a 3-year limited warranty as well as a 30-day money back guarantee. If you get the product and you don’t like it for some reason or it’s not what you expected, or perhaps it won’t work for what you needed like you thought, then you can simply return it and get your money back.
- When used indoors, it has very bright laser lines that are easily visible and continuous, unlike other alignment laser levels which only use a series of dots or the red lines are spun around so there are always bright spots and weak spots in the line.
- There have been some users reporting that Bosch does not sell replacement parts to repair the GLL3-80P in case of accidental breakage or in case it just wears out after years of use. In this instance, they would have to buy a new one. Most of these people report getting a few years of use out of the product before having trouble with it, however.
- At least one person claimed in a Bosch GLL3-80P review that there was a larger accuracy discrepancy than Bosch claimed there would be – by a large margin. This was probably due to the product being wrongly calibrated at the factory, but it’s still something to consider.
- The light level and distance that the accuracy is good for is usually only recommended for indoor use. However, if you purchase the LR2 laser to add to this device, you can use it outdoors, in bright sunlight, for accuracy at over 250 feet.
How to Use and Maintain the Bosch GLL3-80P review
The Bosch GLL3-80P laser level, as mentioned, is rated against dust and water, so you can wipe it clean before putting it away each day after you’re through with it, and it will extend the life of the device. Not only will that help, but it has a co-molded rubber housing that helps block out that icky stuff, and it also makes it easier to wipe clean. It is not recommended to keep out when not in use. It can be used. It can be used in temperatures ranging from 14 degrees Fahrenheit (-10 degrees Celsius) to 113 degrees Fahrenheit (45 degrees Celsius).
When using, you can attach it to the tripod base with the magnets, use a self-leveling pendulum that warns you when it is off-balance or attach it to the wall. Each method has its advantages and specific reasons for usage, and you will find out which one works for what you need depending on the job you’re doing at that time. If the batteries are running low, there will be a red light that shines continuously, and you will hear a 5-second beep once to alert you.
In summary of the Bosch GLL3-80 review, this product has been on the market for over 5 years and most products don’t make it that long unless they have something good to offer, fill a product need, and are a quality product that lasts and people know it does. Having a good brand name behind it helps as well. This product does a lot of things indoors, and as mentioned, with the addition of the LR2 laser, it can do a lot of things outdoors as well, making it an even more versatile tool for any home improvement enthusiast or general contractor with many projects under his belt and many more to go.
This device is a great investment for homeowners and business owners alike.